Gallery: More than 1,900 runners beat the rain to make it round Colchester Half Marathon course
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Competitors braved the dismal morning weather today to take part in the Colchester Half Marathon.
The undulating course took in a town section through the centre of Colchester as well as winding its way through the north Essex countryside.
Despite the less-than-ideal conditions 1,906 people made it round the circuit which started and finished at Colchester United’s Weston Homes Community Stadium.
Coming home first in a time of 1:12.07 was David Green from Northampton Road Runners, followed by Stephen Gibbs from Norwich Roadrunners (1:13.28) and Tom Cammack from Springfield Striders (1:14.02).
Fastest woman was Colchester Harriers AC’s Sarah Stradling, her time of 1:20.52 earning her 14th place overall.
You may also want to watch:
The two oldest competitors were both in the men’s 70+ age category, Bernard Scanlon and John Etherden making it round just over a minute apart with times of 2:18.30 and 2:19.33 respectively.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 10 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers