Gallery: Reason wins while JAFFA take team victory in Ipswich cross country
- Credit: Archant
HARWICH runner Robert Reason took a fine win in the latest 53-12 cross country league fixture today - but it was home club Ipswich JAFFA which secured the overall team victory.
Reason surged ahead on the second lap of the Martlesham course, and held off a late charge from JAFFA’s Matt Spencer to secure first place in the men’s race. Fellow Ipswich runner Daniel Simpson came an excellent third after also finishing strongly.
With a number of other JAFFA runners also packing into the top ten, it led to a clear victory for the home club’s men’s team.
JAFFA’s Jayne Williams won the ladies’ race, helping her team to 2nd place - and cementing an overall JAFFA win.
The final event in the 53-12 league takes place at Holbecks Park, Hadleigh, on February 3.
You may also want to watch:
- A full race report and pictures will appear in the EADT and Ipswich Star later this week.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide