Gallery: Sports day “fantastic” at Sir Robert Hitcham’s Primary School
Pupils, staff and relatives enjoy the day at the Framlingham school
Sports day was enjoyed by all at Framlingham’s Sir Robert Hitcham’s Primary School yesterday.
Pupils competed in the events for the school’s four houses – Hitchams, Mills, Howard and Bulstrode – with each team this year representing one of the British Isles.
In addition to the traditional sports day events, the school has introduced a range of field activities including hockey and football to ensure that all 350 pupils at the school can take part in at least one event.
Sports co-ordinator at the school, Nell Spencer, said: “It has been fantastic, the atmosphere was amazing. One of my pupils said it was really nice to speak to children in other year groups.
You may also want to watch:
“To be encouraged by children further up the school is really good for them.
“Sports day is huge. It’s showing that they don’t have to be able to run or play football, there’s all sorts of things going on...which is why the field events were brought in.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies