Gallery: Trinity Park cycling series up and racing
- Credit: Archant
Following the success in recent years of the Ipswich Cycle Racing Series at Trinity Park, the event has continued to grow and has been re-named the ‘Suffolk Cycle Racing Series’.
This reflects and acknowledges the wider range of the series and involvement of several Suffolk cycling clubs in organising and promoting the series.
As a launch to tonight’s opening Wednesday Evening series meeting, a day of races for all levels was held on Sunday at Trinity Park and riders from across the region provided some close and exciting racing.
Despite many attempts by riders to make a break, most were unsuccessful and finished in a group sprint for the major placings.
The cool weather conditions saw 118 riders across the categories take part and some excellent racing took place. The track was in good condition and the hard nature of the course always sorts out the strong riders in each category.
You may also want to watch:
BT, Strip Tees printing and Suffolk County Council have all provided financial help towards the costs of running the series.
Tonight sees the first of the 2013 series with points gained on each evening going towards an overall series champion at the end of the six weeks.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
Racing commences at 6.55 pm. with the Go Race followed by the Elite, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Cat race and the women’s race at 7.30 pm.
There is coaching for under 16’s (from 6 years of age) free of charge at 6 pm.
For both the coaching and racing you can turn up on the night to enter or take part.
Please see the website for further details www.suffolkcycleracing.org.uk.