Gallery/Video: Final stage of The Women’s Tour sets out from Dovercourt to Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The racers are once again battling the elements today as they set off on the 108-km journey from Tendring to Bury St Edmunds.
They crossed the start line in Dovercourt at 10am, and pedalled through the neutral zone before getting in to fight mode for the true start of the race.
Lizzie Armitstead, who has held the Best of British jersey for most of the race has dropped out after falling ill.
While leader Marianne Vos is on top form for today’s final stage.
The race is expected to reach Bury St Edmunds at 1.04pm.
You may also want to watch:
Once the elite cyclists have left Dovercourt this morning, the Tour de Tendring race will get underway.
For live coverage, click here. Or join us twitter by using #WT2014Suffolk or #WT2014Essex
Marianne Vos won the fifth leg, click here for video, photos and updates.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down