Gareth Heath joins Needham Market after leaving Leiston – and is made club captain at Bloomfields
Needham Market have secured the signing of midfielder Gareth Heath on a two-year contract after leaving Leiston.
Marketmen boss Richard Wilkins was delighted to secure the signature of the goalscoring midfielder.
“We are really pleased that Gareth has signed for us and having worked with him previously I know exactly what he will bring to the team,” Wilkins, who took over as first-team boss after Mark Morsley moved into the chairman’s role, said.
“He had another good season last year scoring or assisting in 30 goals. He will also add experience to our young squad and for that reason I have made him club captain too, and am obviously delighted that he’s decided to join us”.
Chairman Mark Morsley said, “Gareth is well known to me having played more than 250 games during my management at AFC Sudbury, Harwich and Leiston. He will bring a cutting edge to our midfield.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile former AFC Sudbury striker Sam Bantick has re-joined Heybridge Swifts in a move sure to delight the Scraley Road faithful, where Bantick previously played.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence