Gareth Heath, Niko Muir and Ade Cole leave Leiston
Leiston have released long-serving midfielder Gareth Heath.
The 37-year-old played over 250 league and cup games for the Blues, scoring more than 100 goals and featured on 59 occasions last season, netting 14 times and setting up 16 goals.
The club have also lost the services of striker Niko Muir and midfielder Ade Cole.
Muir scored 11 times in 30 appearances for the Blues last season as Glenn Driver’s men just failed to reach the Isthmian Premier play-offs, and forged a good partnership in attack with the league’s golden boot winner, Matt Blake.
Muir has returned to Hendon, while Cole has re-signed for Grays Athletic, having played on 22 occasions for the Blues last season after signing.
You may also want to watch:
Leiston have so far signed Kyle Hammond from Maldon & Tiptree and Lowestoft duo Rob Eagle and Dominic Docherty as they look to mount a new challenge for the Isthmian Premier top-five.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies