Garmston still on Dunne’s radar
Colchester United manager, Joe Dunne, is keeping tabs on three of the loan players who made such big impacts last season.
The Irishman revealed that he would love to lure the trio of Bradley Garmston, Sanchez Watt and Sam Walker back to the Weston Homes Community Stadium for the 2013-14 campaign.
A busy Dunne has already recruited striker Jabo Iberhe and midfielder Craig Eastmond this summer, after both played key roles in keeping the U’s in League One last term. Both Ibehre and Eastmond signed permanent contracts.
But the U’s boss is also eager to use the loan system to good effect, with West Brom left-back Garmston and Chelsea keeper Walker at the top of his wanted list.
Winger Watt, who was released by Arsenal earlier this month, is also on Dunne’s radar.
You may also want to watch:
“Bradley (Garmston) has had a busy summer, playing for Ireland Under-19s,” explained Dunne.
“I will be looking to use the loan system, perhaps nearer the start of the season, because at the moment the Premier League clubs are tending to hold onto their players.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'
“Most haven’t started pre-season yet, but if someone like Bradley becomes available again, with West Brom looking to loan him out for some senior action, then we would be very interested.
“Left-back is a position we need to strengthen,” added Dunne.
With regards his interest in winger Watt, Dunne continued: “Sanchez’s next move will be a crucial one for him, and I’m sure there will be plenty of interest in him.
“He will have a number of clubs to choose from, but of course I would be interested.”