Watch Garner’s winning goal as Dozzell, Chalobah and Roberts play in Town friendly win
- Credit: Archant
Paul Hurst’s reign as Ipswich Town boss got off to a winning start this afternoon, as his side beat Kilmarnock 1-0 in a behind-closed-doors friendly in Spain.
The match, played at the La Manga complex, was the culmination of a week’s hard training for Hurst’s charges, who have been put through their paces up to three times a day in the baking sun.
Striker Joe Garner got the only goal of the game as he poked the ball in at the back post following good link-up play between Tom Adeyemi and Ben Folami.
Town also give trialist Kane Vincent-Young a run-out, the former Colchester United man playing both halves to end a week training with the Blues after he left Colchester.
Andre Dozzell returned from his season-long injury nightmare too, while new signings, young Chelsea loanee Trevoh Chalobah and winger Jordan Roberts, also played.
You may also want to watch:
The first half side was: Gerken, Emmanuel, Vincent-Young, Chambers, Kenlock, Chalobah, Adeyemi, Dozzell, Ward, Folami and Garner.
The second half side was: Wright, Vincent-Young, Woolfenden, Spence, Cotter, Nydam, Skuse, Downes, Roberts, Sears and Waghorn.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Town start their pre-season back home in England this Saturday with a match at Braintree Town.