‘There is no underestimating Ipswich... it will be difficult’ - Monk on facing winless Blues
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Garry Monk has stressed that his Birmingham City side will not underestimate Ipswich Town this weekend despite the Blues’ winless run.
Monk’s side picked up their first victory of the season last weekend as they won 2-1 at leaders Leeds United, leaving Paul Hurst’s Ipswich as the only second-tier side without a victory.
“The message from the changing room up until this point and will continue into this game, there is no underestimating Ipswich,” Monk said.
“They are winless at this moment in time but we were in the same situation one game ago. They will be thinking exactly the same as what we were thinking trying to win a game.
“It will be difficult, they might come and try to frustrate. We have to overcome that. We need our fans to understand that as well.
You may also want to watch:
“If they come to frustrate, a little like QPR did, we need patience from fans but we need that noise and we also need to be able to overcome that with our performance.
“Our challenge is to get our fans that win at home, we feel that’s overdue.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns