‘There is no underestimating Ipswich... it will be difficult’ - Monk on facing winless Blues
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Garry Monk has stressed that his Birmingham City side will not underestimate Ipswich Town this weekend despite the Blues’ winless run.
Monk’s side picked up their first victory of the season last weekend as they won 2-1 at leaders Leeds United, leaving Paul Hurst’s Ipswich as the only second-tier side without a victory.
“The message from the changing room up until this point and will continue into this game, there is no underestimating Ipswich,” Monk said.
“They are winless at this moment in time but we were in the same situation one game ago. They will be thinking exactly the same as what we were thinking trying to win a game.
“It will be difficult, they might come and try to frustrate. We have to overcome that. We need our fans to understand that as well.
You may also want to watch:
“If they come to frustrate, a little like QPR did, we need patience from fans but we need that noise and we also need to be able to overcome that with our performance.
“Our challenge is to get our fans that win at home, we feel that’s overdue.”
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 3 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 6 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 9 Watch: What next for Debenhams stores across Suffolk and Essex?
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average