Gavin Massey returns to Watford
COLCHESTER United loanee Gavin Massey has returned to Watford.
Massey was not in Saturday’s U’s squad, for the 1-1 home draw against promotion-chasing Sheffield Wednesday, because the winger was on the verge of being recalled by the Hornets.
U’s boss John Ward decided not to play him, for danger of the young attacker picking up an injury on the eve of his return to Vicarage Road.
Ward confirmed: “I could have played him in this game, but Watford are recalling him and it looks like Gavin may get involved in the Watford first team after this weekend.
“I didn’t want him to get anything that stopped him doing that.”
You may also want to watch:
Massey made eight appearances over two loan spells with the U’s, four starts and four substitute outings.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week