Gavin Massey the latest to put pen to paper on a new contract at Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Gavin Massey became the second player to sign a new contract with Colchester United this afternoon, following the new deal signed by team-mate Tom Eastman.
U’s front-runner Massey, fresh from his brace of goals in last Saturday’s 2-1 home win over Fleetwood Town, has signed a new two-year contract.
This will keep him at the Weston Homes Community Stadium until the end of the 2016-17 campaign – his current contract expires next summer.
“This season coming up was the end of my contract,” confirmed Massey this lunchtime.
“It’s at this point you start to think whether you are going to have another club or not, beyond that time.
You may also want to watch:
“But it’s great that I have got it done nice and early.
“It means I can concentrate on the rest of the season, and then kick on for the next two seasons.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
“I’m really with happy with it,” added Massey.