George Moncur and Alex Gilbey still Colchester United players
Yesterday’s transfer window deadline day passed very quietly at Colchester United.
There were fears that the U’s talented midfield duo of Alex Gilbey and George Moncur could both be on their way.
Gilbey had been the subject of a couple of recent bids from Championship strugglers Bristol City, while Moncur has been attracting interest from Championship and leading League One clubs all season.
Yet in the end, both stayed with the U’s, which should be a big boost as Kevin Keen’s men try to plot a relegation escape act.
In response to rumours that Moncur was on the point of leaving, the ex-West Ham midfielder tweeted last night:
You may also want to watch:
“I’m at home indoors and I’m going nowhere - colu.”
Keen did not manage to bolster his squad with any new signings, but that can be addressed when the loan transfer window reopens next week.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 9 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion