George Moncur bags Colchester’s winner against his former club West Ham
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Colchester United 1 West Ham 0
George Moncur slotted home a free-kick, against his old club, to earn Colchester United a 1-0 win over West Ham in tonight’s pre-season friendly at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.
An encouraging gate of 6,650, including 2,485 Hammers fans, enjoyed an entertaining evening.
Moncur came up trumps with the winner after just 13 minutes, guiding home a pinpoint free-kick from 20 yards out, into the top corner of the net past visiting keeper Raphael Spiegel.
It was a very young Hammers side on show, while U’s boss Tony Humes selected a very strong side.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester United starting XI: Parish, Vincent-Young, Eastman, Wynter, Briggs, Edwards, Gilbey, Moncur, Massey, Porter, Wright.
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move