George Moncur completes move from West Ham to Colchester United
- Credit: Su Anderson
George Moncur has this afternoon completed a permanent move, from West Ham to Colchester United.
Moncur has impressed during his loan spell with the U’s, since his arrival over the summer, initially on a trial basis.
The 21-year-old has been involved in every U’s game this season.
He looked set to extend his loan deal until the end of the season, but instead has today put pen to paper on a permanent deal, for an undisclosed fee.
Moncur said: “I’m really excited to have signed here permanently and it’s great to feel secure for the next couple of years.
You may also want to watch:
“My Dad and Granddad have said that it’s probably the right move for me now because I’m playing and doing well here.
“I’ve really enjoyed the last few months here and I’m looking forward to getting us up the table in the next few months,” added Moncur.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 9 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 10 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat