Get your entries in for the Stowmarket Half Marathon!
- Credit: Archant
The event, on March 22, hosted by Stowmarket Striders, is sponsored by local business Tomlinson Groundcare and held in memory of local lad Joe Cox.
It takes runners through 13.1 miles of some of the most beautiful rural countryside that Suffolk has to offer.
Anyone aged at least 17 can take part, and wheelchair entries are welcome too. The event also features junior races ranging from a kilometre to three in distance.
All runners who complete the 13.1 miles will receive a memento celebrating their achievement as well as having cakes and refreshments waiting for them when they cross the line.
This is the first of four races to be held by Stowmarket Striders this year, with the next race being the Friday 5 held at the beautiful Haughley Park in June.
You may also want to watch:
The Golden Mile will be back for its second year in September before the Scenic Seven, a 7-mile runners’ favourite which takes place on Remembrance Sunday in November.
Race Director Heidi Bingham, from Stowmarket Running Club, said; “After last year’s amazing turnout with almost 370 runners, we are keen to make this year’s race even better.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
“With the event growing in popularity more every year, if you are considering taking part, please sign up soon to avoid disappointment”
For more information on the race and to enter online visit: www.stowmarketstriders.org.uk.