Suffolk athlete Elliot Gladwell wins another national title
- Credit: Archant
Young Suffolk athlete Elliot Gladwell has added another prestigious title to his growing list of honours.
Gladwell, 12, lifted the under 13 national title at the British Modern Biathlon Championships in Solihull.
It comes after the Ipswich School pupil returned from Spain in the summer with three gold medals from the Biathle-Triathle World Championships in Viveiro.
Gladwell was the defending national champion, so headed to Solihull with a point to prove.
The competition started with a 1,600m run which was he won in 5:01, earning 1,367 points followed an hour later by a 100m swim in 1:06, earning 1,208 points.
You may also want to watch:
When added together Gladwell won the competition by an impressive 49 points from his nearest challenger.
Proud dad Simon said: “He was very happy – especially as the weather was very cold!”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Remarkably, Gladwell only started competing in multi-discipline events last year.