Glasgow to host 2015 IPC Swimming European Championships
THE 2015 IPC Swimming European Championships will be held in Glasgow, the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) have announced.
The new Tollcross International Swimming Centre is set to welcome more than 500 swimmers from over 40 countries, the same venue that will host the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in two years time.
The venue is currently undergoing a �13.7million upgrade which is due to be finished next spring, which will create a brand-new six-lane, 50m warm-up pool to add to the existing 10-lane 50m pool.
IPC chief executive Xavier Gonzalez said: “Being the host of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow will provide everything we need for a highly successful Swimming European Championships in 2015.
“This will be the first major Para-Swimming Championships in Great Britain following London 2012 and we are looking forward to working with British Swimming, UK Sport, Event Scotland and Glasgow City Council to make these Championships a fantastic event.”
You may also want to watch:
British Swimming chief executive David Sparkes described it as a chance to “showcase Para-Swimming to the whole of Europe”.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery