Glenn Driver delighted as Leiston poised to sign AFC Sudbury man Rob Eagle
Isthmian Premier Leiston are set to complete the signing of AFC Sudbury midfielder Rob Eagle on a two-year deal.
The former Lowestoft Town man was born in Leiston and has played professionally for Norwich City, Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Grimsby Town.
Following four years at Lowestoft, where he scored 27 goals in 189 games, Eagle joined Sudbury last season, but couldn’t prevent the Yellows being relegated from the Isthmian Premier.
“He is a player that nearly signed for Leiston last year under Richard Wilkins, but he decided to go to Sudbury for whatever reason,” said Blues boss Glenn Driver.
“Rob brings that energy into the football club that the team and squad lacked a bit last season and he will be good for people like (new signing) Kyle Hammond to learn off.
You may also want to watch:
“He is 30-year-old but is still hungry and keen to prgress in the game and can play in a number of positions.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead