Goals flooding in for Waterside’s Craig Kidby
THE goals have been flooding in for Waterside striker Craig Kidby this season.
The 28-year-old has scored 32 goals in 11 matches so far this season, easily making him the leading scorer in the SIL.
Kidby played at a higher level when he was with Needham Market Reserves, but he played for Westerfield United ‘A’ in Division Six a couple of years ago and netted 49 goals that season, before playing for Westerfield’s Reserves last season.
Kidby, who netted twice in Saturday’s 5-1 win away to Tacket Street BBOB, modestly said: “I should have scored more – I missed a couple of chances in the second half.
“It’s not been a bad season so far. I am enjoying my football again – I didn’t enjoy it so much last season – and it helps playing alongside Tye Webb. I couldn’t ask for anyone better to play alongside upfront.
You may also want to watch:
“Both myself and manager Danny Banthorpe set me a target of 20 goals this season, but I am now looking to score 50.”
Banthorpe said: “Craig is a natural goalscorer who rarely misses chances and makes goalscoring look easy. He is a good team player and has stuck by us.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
“Tye Webb was previously at Grundisburgh and scored 30 goals in 16 games for us in Division Five last season. Tye is a marked man and helps to take the pressure off Craig, which creates more space and chances for him.”