Good news surrounding U’s crocked striker Norris
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United’s leading scorer, Luke Norris, will be out for a “matter of weeks rather than months,” which is terrific news for the promotion-chasing League Two club.
The U’s feared the worst when Norris was stretchered off with a swollen ankle during the 1-0 home win over Swindon Town, from a fortnight ago.
But it now looks like the 25-year-old front-man, who has plundered eight goals in 17 appearances for his new club Colchester, could be back in action by around Christmas time.
“Luke will only be out for a matter of a few weeks, rather than months,” revealed U’s boss John McGreal after today’s training session at Florence Park.
“We have got the information back from his latest scan, and he will be working one-on-one with physio Tony Flynn.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s certainly no where near what we first feared. We are looking at the middle to the end of December for his return,” added McGreal.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk