Good-sized crowd expected to see Unicorns face Essex
A GOOD-SIZED crowd is expected at Bury St Edmunds to see the Unicorns face Essex in the Clydesdale Bank 40 group game on Sunday.
The match, which is taking place at the Victory Ground, starting at 1.45pm, will be the first time that Essex have played a competitive match in Suffolk for 18 years.
Paul Whittaker, vice-chairman of Bury St Edmunds Cricket Club and one of the organisers, said: “Tickets are continuing to sell well. With Essex, Intersport and Unicorns all adding to the number we have sold, we will certainly have a good crowd so I recommend people arrive early to get the best spots as there are no reserved seats.”
The Unicorns, whose squad is drawn from players without full-time contracts at one of the first-class counties, are in their second season of playing in the competition.
Last season the team of Minor County, university, recreational and club cricketers recorded victories against three first-class counties.
You may also want to watch:
This season they have again been competitive in each of their three matches, despite losing to Somerset by four wickets, Lancashire by 20 runs and Gloucestershire by 24 runs.
Tickets brought in advance for Sunday’s match are priced �10 for adults and �5 for under-16s or over-65s or �24 for a family ticket (two adults and two under-16s).
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
Prices on the day of the match will be �15 for adults, �8 for concessions and �35 for a family ticket.
Car parking will cost an additional �3.
Tickets are available through the club from David Barker on 01449 781286 or email email@example.com.
They can also be purchased from the Intersport shop in Whiting Street, Bury St Edmunds or via either www.essexcricket.org.uk or www.unicorns40.co.uk.
Spectators can take their own chairs or rug. There will be a cash bar and freshly prepared food available.