Good win for Lowestoft against Chelmsford
London 2 North: Lowestoft and Yarmouth 30 Chelmsford 13
LOWESTOFT were soon on the attack but some good defence kept the home side at bay for 20 minutes before the hosts’ fly-half clipped a well-taken drop-goal.
Lowestoft at this stage were at full flight and scored a try when, after several phases of rugby, they outnumbered the Chelmsford defence to score under a converted try.
Just when 10-0 score line looked like a good half-time score, some loose play allowed Lowestoft to gain considerable ground by kicking before releasing their backs who scored an converted try.
Within seconds of the restart, Nick Hankin made a break in the centre before passing to Chris Bown who showed good speed to score an unconverted try making it 17-5 at the half-time interval
You may also want to watch:
Within minutes of half time, influential Chelmsford scrum half, Rhys Harris sustained a leg injury which took him from the field of play and Chelmsford never regained their fluency.
The game became a battle of attrition with both sets of forwards giving their and all penalties were kicked by both sides before Lowestoft scored a fine try to make it 25-8.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
Chelmsford were not going to lie down and again put the home side under pressure, so much so that a speculative kick was caught by Bown at pace to secure his second try of the game.
In the final moments Lowestoft scored a further well worked try to run out 30-13 winners.