Graham Napier awarded benefit by Essex
ESSEX all-rounder Graham Napier has been awarded a Benefit Year in 2012.
The 31-year-old has been an integral part of the side over the last decade, helping the team to success through his explosive efforts with the bat and wicket-taking ability.
Napier said: “I am looking forward to the year ahead, with the support of my committee, and I hope to have some interesting and fun events.
“My year kicks off with a Valentine’s Ball at Boreham House on Saturday 11th February. This is followed by a Golf Day on Friday 16th March at Hintlesham Hall, Suffolk.
“I would like to thank the club and the members for all the support I’ve received over the years and for awarding me with this Benefit Year.”
You may also want to watch:
Anthony Bright, who is chairman of the Graham Napier Benefit Year 2012, said: “It is an honour for myself to be given the opportunity of being Graham Napier’s chairman for his Benefit Year. I have known Graham for about 10 years through sponsorship with Essex Cricket, Panacea Services and being chairman on Ronnie Irani’s Benefit Year in 2003.
“I’m looking forward to a good and exciting year with Graham. With the current economic climate it will be difficult but Graham is obviously a popular man on and off the pitch so I’m sure he will make it very successful.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
“There are a number of events planned in the year and we hope the people of Essex support Graham as a way of saying thank you for the many years of service and hard work he has given to the club.”
Essex Cricket chief executive, David East said: “Graham Napier epitomises what the awarding of a Benefit Year is all about. He has been a fantastic servant for the club and has achieved a huge amount in the years he has been with us.
“I’m sure I can say on behalf of all the members and staff of Essex Cricket that it has been great watching Graham over the years develop into an outstanding cricketer for the county. We wish him the very best for his important year ahead.”