Great Britain’s men’s handball team are outclassed
GREAT Britain’s handball team will be seeking major improvements at this summer’s Olympic Games after being comprehensively beaten in their World Championship Group One qualification campaign.
The team have been handed a wildcard by the BOA to compete in London but were outclassed by Austria on Sunday, 40-24, having fell to a similarly heavy away leg defeat, 37-22, on Thursday.
They also lost their two other games in the group meaning there was no chance of advancing into the play-offs aheads of the clash at Crystal Palace at the weekend.
GB started in the ascendancy but after the visitors levelled, there was no looking back and they marched into a 17-13 half-time lead.
A strong second half start from the visitors and player rotation from the hosts saw Austria take an unassailable lead with Robert Weber their linchpin
You may also want to watch:
Martin Hare top-scored with six goals while Chris McDermott netted five for GB.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools