Grundisburgh suffer big loss
KINGSLEY Healthcare SIL stalwarts Grundisburgh have suffered a big loss with the death of former secretary Janet Harris.Along with husband Malcolm she played a big part in the success of the village club.
KINGSLEY Healthcare SIL stalwarts Grundisburgh have suffered a big loss with the death of former secretary Janet Harris.
Along with husband Malcolm she played a big part in the success of the village club.
Joint first-team manager Micky Squirrell paid the following compliment: “When I first joined the club in 1987 Janet and Mac were rightly dubbed Mr and Mrs Grundisburgh.
You may also want to watch:
“Janet was secretary in those days helped by Mac and they held the post for many years in which time the club started its 'glory years' with eight visits to Portman Road and a number of SIL titles.
“Janet alongside her best friend Sandra loved after-match celebrations and social functions.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
“She was a very brave lady to the end, and Mac and their children Paul and Lynne are a credit to her.
“She will be sorely missed but fondly remembered.”