Gunner joins Town on loan
Ipswich Town have taken Arsenal's Daniel Karbassiyoon on loan.Joe Royle has moved quickly to cover for the injured Drissa Diallo with the busy Christmas and New Year scheduled looming.
Ipswich Town have taken Arsenal's Daniel Karbassiyoon on a month-long loan.
Joe Royle has moved quickly to cover for the injured Drissa Diallo with the busy Christmas and New Year schedule looming.
Karbassiyoon is expected to go straight into the Town squad for tonight's top-of-the-table game against Coca-Cola Championship leaders Wigan at Portman Road.
The 20-year-old American, who joined the Gunners as a striker in August last year for a nominal fee from Roanoke, has since played in a number of positions for the reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Karbassiyoon, who has represented the United States at Under-17 and Under-19 level, has made steady progress since being converted to a left back. He can also play in midfield.
He has played three times in the first team for Arsenal this season - all in the Carling Cup. He made his debut in the 2-1 win at Manchester City, scoring a last-gasp winner just eight minutes after coming on as a substitute.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
He then played the whole game in the 3-1 win against Everton at Highbury and his most recent first-team outing was as an 81st minute substitute for Gael Clichy in the 1-0 defeat at Manchester United.