Guy strikes twice to sink Sudbury
AFC Sudbury 0 Oxford Utd 2Colchester United loanee Jamie Guy struck twice as battling AFC Sudbury went out of the FA Trophy at Kings Marsh Stadium today.
AFC Sudbury 0 Oxford Utd 2
Colchester United loanee Jamie Guy struck twice as battling AFC Sudbury went out of the FA Trophy at Kings Marsh Stadium today.
Guy stuck once in each half at a wild and windy Sudbury ground to give the Blue Square Premier side a victory they deserved.
But Sudbury came out of the game with a lot of credit and indeed if Craig Bussen's shot in the first minute of the second half had been six inches lower and not struck the bar, an equalising goal then would have made it very interesting.
You may also want to watch:
But it is Oxford who go through to the next round although Sudbury will have picked up a whole host of positives from this performance.
Bury's game at Havant was postponed and will take place on Monday.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship