Town star nominated for October player of the month award - here’s who he’s up against
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town winger Gwion Edwards has been nominated for October’s League One player of the month award.
Edwards has been a real highlight of Town’s season so far, running at defenders, carving out chances and, most importantly, scoring goals.
He netted three times in October for the Blues - twice in the 4-1 thumping of Blackpool at the seaside, and again in the following game, a 2-0 win over Accrington Stanley at Portman Road.
Edwards is Town’s leading scorer so far this season, with five goals in 11 league games. He’s also added three assists.
Up against him in the player of the month running are Charlton’s Ben Amos, Peterborough’s Siriki Dembele and Portsmouth’s Marcus Harness.
You may also want to watch:
Strikers Dembele and Harness both bagged five goals and a couple of assists in October, while keeper Amos kept a clean sheet in six games last month.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill