Hadleigh clinch the title
EASTERN COUNTIES 2: Felixstowe 12 Hadleigh 43
A WIN against Felixstowe would clinch the league title for Hadleigh.
Ten minutes in, Hadleigh full-back, O’Halloran took a high kick and sprinted half the length of the pitch to score on the left wing.
This appeared to wake Felixstowe who fought back to score near the posts from a five metre scrum.
It was not until the 35th minute that Hadleigh started to revive and a good scrum in the centre of the field allowed scrum-half Pessaro to release the Hadleigh backs for left wing Crisp to cross the line, which was converted by Kelly.
You may also want to watch:
Within the space of 20 minutes in the second half, Hadleigh scored tries from Van Rensberg, (3) and O’Halloran.
Two more tries by captain Warburton and second row Miles clinched the game for the visitors. A final surge by the Felixstowe forwards earned them a second try.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143