Hadleigh enjoy victory
Eastern Counties 2 - Hadleigh 17 Norwich Union 8
WITH just over a quarter of the game completed, a break and run from inside his own half by open-side flanker, Zak Kerr caused panic in the visitors’ half.
Hadleigh looked to gain the early ascendancy in this Eastern Counties 2 clash and open-side flanker Kerr then passed the ball inside the field to centre Sean Van Rensburg who ran an excellent line to score under the posts. Peter Grant made the conversion for the hosts.
This try seemed to spur on Norwich Union who got their forwards to within five metres of the line and pushed over for a deserved try towards the corner. The conversion failed and Hadleigh led 7 - 5.
In the 37th minute Shawn Van Rensburg broke through the Norwich Union defence and handed off to Lee Bailey who scored in the corner. Grant failed to convert.
You may also want to watch:
In the 61st minute, Hadleigh gave away a penalty for failing to roll away and Norwich Union converted from the ensuing kick.
After 68 minutes a quick ball released from the Hadleigh forwards enabled scrum half Passaro to break the Norwich Union defence.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
He sprinted 40 yards before handing off to Aisake Licenceva who went over for Hadleigh’s final try.