Hadleigh United goal hero Kirsten Spooner is quick off the mark
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Twelve-year-old Kirsten Spooner was quick off the mark as she spearheaded Hadleigh United’s under-14 girls’ victory over Ipswich Valley Rangers.
The Hadleigh High School pupil, who lives in Hitcham, caught everyone by surprise by scoring the opening goal of the game after just NINE seconds - a goal which is thought to be the fastest-ever recorded at Suffolk youth level (10-18-years old)
Kirsten went on to score another goal in the girls’ fine victory but it was her opening strike that got people talking.
“Ipswich had the kick-off and our coach Carl (Bennett) joked to the girls that they needed to send the ball straight back and get it in the net,” said team manager Rachel Davies.
“We don’t know how it happened but Kirsten just ran down the wing and scored!”
You may also want to watch:
Rachel added: “We started last season, we were the first-ever Hadleigh girls team, and we finished seventh in the league.”
Hadleigh are currently fifth in the under-14 Suffolk Girls and Women’s League, having won four and lost five this season.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship