Hadleigh United snap up Scott Chaplin
ATTACKING midfielder Scott Chaplin has moved to Hadleigh United from Ryman League Division One North side Needham Market.
The 23-year-old, who lives in Stowmarket, has agreed a one-year deal to become the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side’s third summer signing, after Leiston duo Neil Calver and Mark Goldfinch.
Chaplin scored seven times in 20 starts with Needham last season as well as making 18 appearances from the bench.
He was with Ipswich Town until he left school. Chaplin then join the football scheme at West Suffolk College where he progress into the Bury Town first team, before joining Needham at the start of last season.
Hadleigh manager Stuart Crawford said: “This is another excellent capture for us. Last season we didn’t keep the ball anywhere near as much as I’d like and, at times, we lacked that bit of quality to thread a killer pass. Scott is very gifted technically and can offer us something different to what we already have in the squad.
You may also want to watch:
“Richard Wilkins (the Bury Town manager) told me he should be a big player at this level and hopefully with regular football he will play a big part in our season. He can play as a wide man on both side and also behind a striker. He also weighs in with goals which is great.”
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Matchday Live: Palace visit Portman Road as fans return
- 8 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad