Halstead happy to be drawn away
HALSTEAD Town have been drawn away in the first round proper of the FA Vase.The Rosemary Lane club beat Sporting Bengal 4-0 on Saturday and they now face a trip to Harpenden, near Luton.
By Mike Bacon
HALSTEAD Town have been drawn away in the first round proper of the FA Vase.
The Rosemary Lane club beat Sporting Bengal 4-0 on Saturday and they now face a trip to Harpenden, near Luton.
While away clashes don't suit everyone, at the moment they more than suit Halstead and their manager Tony Kinsella.
You may also want to watch:
“We have played four away games in the league and our two previous Vase clashes have also been away from home. And we have won them all,” Kinsella said.
“We have got a bit of pace up front and we exploit it well when clubs are at home and go all out to attack us. The Vase is a very special competition for Ridgeons League clubs as they have done so well in the competition. It proves how good a league it is.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
Ipswich Wanderers, after their 11-0 hammering of Long Melford, are at home again, to Soham, while Leiston and Woodbridge clash at Victory Road.
High-flying Kirkley should ease through against Ridgeons First Division Godmanchester, while Stanway entertain Essex Senior League Burnham Ramblers.
Tiptree, finalists in 2000, are at home to Ruislip and Diss and Clacton are dependent on their replays - which take place tonight.
Draw involving Ridgeons clubs: Wroxham v Deeping, Ipswich Wanderers v Soham, Leiston v Woodbridge, Thetford v Lincoln Moorlands, Kirkley v Godmanchester, Fakenham v Gorleston, Ely v Wisbech, Boston v Bourne Town or Diss, Clacton or Wembley v Northampton Spencer, Stanway v Burnham Ramblers, Tiptree v Ruislip, Harpenden v Halstead.
Clubs exempt to second round proper: Lowestoft, Mildenhall, Newmarket and Needham Market.