Halstead need to win says Brown
HALSTEAD Town manager Jody Brown believes his side must win on Saturday if they are to be promoted to the Ridgeons League Premier Division.The Essex side currently occupy the third and final promotion place and are two points clear of in-form Debenham LC.
HALSTEAD Town manager Jody Brown believes his side must win on Saturday if they are to be promoted to the Ridgeons League Premier Division.
The Essex side currently occupy the third and final promotion place and are two points clear of in-form Debenham LC.
A win at fifth place Great Yarmouth Town on the final day of the season would guarantee a relatively swift return to the Premier League following their relegation in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Brown said: “Promotion is what we set out for. We had a really bad December, regrouped and said then that if we could still in with a chance come the last game of the season then we would be really happy.
“I have no concerns about Debenham. They are in great form so I fully expect them to win.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 10 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
“But no team has lain down and died for us in the last few weeks - Ipswich Wanderers pushed us all the way - so we just hope that March do that against Debenham and go out there and give everything they have got.”
- To hear more from Jody Brown see Saturday's EADT.