Hambro finalists at full strength
THORPENESS has been chosen as the venue for the final of the Hambro Cup between Ipswich and Fynn Valley on Sunday. The final of the Tolly Cobbold Cup between Felixstowe Ferry and Stoke by Nayland will be played at Woodbridge on the same day.
By Tony Garnett
THORPENESS has been chosen as the venue for the final of the Hambro Cup between Ipswich and Fynn Valley on Sunday.
The final of the Tolly Cobbold Cup between Felixstowe Ferry and Stoke by Nayland will be played at Woodbridge on the same day.
Both Ipswich and Fynn Valley have been able to field much the same players all the way through their summer campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich will benefit from the rapid recent improvement of youngsters like Jack Jowers and Chris Gooding to add to the solid base provided by the likes of Paul Barnard, Ben Farthing, Graham Wardley and Neil Meadows.
Fynn Valley's Suffolk trio of Jamie Abbott, Bradley Wilkins and Chris Smith will play their part in what seems sure to be an excellent match.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 8 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 9 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
Hambro Cup final - Ipswich v Fynn Valley at Thorpeness.
Fynn Valley: Chris Smith, Warren Goddard, Hugo Dobson, Paul Dobson, Jamie Abbott, Andy Munro, Bradley Wilkins, Aaron Bowen, Jordan Dymond, Danny Hedges.
Ipswich: Ian Brown, Neil Meadows, Graham Wardley, Ben Farthing, Paul Barnard, Jack Jowers, Daniel Bryett, Gavin Richards, Chris Gooding.
The Tolly Cobbold final also looks well balanced. Felixstowe Ferry stick with the squad they have used all the way through the tournament.
Stoke by Nayland have also retained the same squad, some of whom feature regularly in the Suffolk Winter Alliance.
Tolly Cobbold Cup final - Felixstowe Ferry v Stoke by Nayland at Woodbridge.
Felixstowe Ferry: Dave Bloom, Chris Cook, Graham Cook, Mick Haddoch, John Harrall, Chris Pearson, Dave Pepper, Greg Rice, Glen Smart, Mick Thomas.
Stoke by Nayland: Roger Toone, Simon Larking, Mike Verhelst, Gerry Day, Duncan Hyams, Gary Borthwick, Mark Summers, Ian Donachy,Bob Stone, Captain: Steve Clark.