Hammond rescues point for U's
Huddersfield 2 Colchester 2RETURNING skipper Dean Hammond rescued a point for Colchester at Huddersfield with a fine stoppage time free kick.The captain, who missed last Saturday's game with a sore hamstring, scored both goals in a game the Essex side were fortunate to seal a point from.
Huddersfield 2 Colchester 2
RETURNING skipper Dean Hammond rescued a point for Colchester at Huddersfield with a fine stoppage time free kick.
The captain, who missed last Saturday's game with a sore hamstring, scored both goals in a game the Essex side were fortunate to seal a point from.
You may also want to watch:
U's led at the break courtesy of a Hammond penalty, scored in the 18th minute following a controversial handball decision. But they were comprehensively outplayed in the second half and a defeat looked to be on the cards following Anthony Pilkington's tap in from close range and a fine Gary Roberts finish.
But the U's hung on and when they were awarded a free kick just outside the box in the first of six added on minutes, Hammond curled home into the top left hand corner to snatch a share of the spoils.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial