Hammond scores twice as Ipswich Town under 21s beat Watford
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Kyle Hammond scored both goals as Ipswich Town Under 21s beat Watford 2-1 this afternoon.
After Ben Morris missed an early chance, Hammond gave the Blues the lead 10 minutes in, as he fired into the top corner past Nathan Gartside.
The young Blues side, which included Polish defender Piotr Malarczyk, held the lead until the break but were pegged back on the hour mark as Alex Jakubiak beat Michael Crowe.
However, Hammond converted from close range with two minutes to go to secure the points for Ipswich.
Ipswich Town: Crowe; Emmanuel, Malarczyk, Smith, Hammond; Blanchfield, Dozzell, Guldrandsen, McKendry; Morris, McLoughlin.
You may also want to watch:
Subs: Marsden, Fowler, Downes, Meldrum
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards