Hapless Town well beaten
Ipswich 0 Leicester 2CENTRAL defender Gareth McAuley struck with two goals from dead ball situations to make it a miserable day for Ipswich Town.Leicester City won at Portman Road for the first time in 19 years this afternoon, and it was a Championship display that the Ipswich camp will soon want to forget.
Ipswich 0 Leicester 2
CENTRAL defender Gareth McAuley struck with two goals from dead ball situations to make it a miserable day for Ipswich Town.
Leicester City won at Portman Road for the first time in 19 years this afternoon, and it was a Championship display that the Ipswich camp will soon want to forget.
Playing with a belief that they could win right from the start the Foxes were worthy winners, and Ipswich's second half performance left a great deal to be desired.
You may also want to watch:
Owen Garvan was sent off after 68 minutes for a second bookable offence, although his two-footed lunge at Levi Porter looked worthy of a straight red.
McAuley headed home a corner in the 28th minute, and scored from a short corner to make the game safe in the 56th minute.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
Jonathan Walters was the one bright spot in an otherwise black day for Town with the loss of a number of key players too much to bear. Ipswich will have to improve to gain any FA Cup reward at Watford next Saturday.
See this weekend's Green'Un for more details