Harleston 1 Horsham 1
Slazenger English Hockey LeagueDivision OneHarleston Magpies 1 Horsham 1A strike from each side in either half saw the points shared in this encounter.
Slazenger English Hockey League
Harleston Magpies 1 Horsham 1
A strike from each side in either half saw the points shared in this encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies started brightly and threatened to take an early lead as Jess Bloom went close on two occasions. Horsham were defending well and their goalkeeper played exceptionally well throughout the match. Donna Causton was denied on a penalty corner strike by an excellent save.
Horsham scored in the first half with their first real chance of the game and against the run of play.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
Magpies increased their tempo and pressure in the second half as they pressed Horsham back for long periods of the game with Debbie McAllen and Hannah Coulson prominent in midfield. Artemis Clark threatened the Horsham defence with some promising runs down the right but in the end Angie Wheelhouse levelled the scores from a penalty corner. Magpies looked capable of going on to collect all three points but they could not turn pressure into goals. Debbie McAllen's late shot looked goal bound but struck another Magpies player on the heel. At the other end Magpies survived a late scare when Horsham failed to convert a chance in front of an opening goal.