Harleston 1 Sunderland 2
English Hockey League Division OneHarleston Magpies 1 Sunderland 2Magpies were never able to produce the form they showed in the two games the previous weekend against a Sunderland side whose forwards troubled Magpies all afternoon.
English Hockey League Division One
Harleston Magpies 1 Sunderland 2
Magpies were never able to produce the form they showed in the two games the previous weekend against a Sunderland side whose forwards troubled Magpies all afternoon.
After a shaky start Magpies were the first to create a scoring opportunity when Jess Bloom came close to opening the scoring as her shot went just wide of the post.
You may also want to watch:
After 15 minutes Sunderland took the lead through Julie Hope from a penalty corner, but Magpies were back on level terms three minutes later when Jess Bloom scored.
In a hard, competitive match the game never really got going in the second half as both sides struggled to produce any flowing hockey. Anna Truman's stick work threatened to trouble the Sunderland defence and Artemis Clark was having a solid game in midfield, but generally the forwards were finding it hard to break down the Sunderland defence.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
With eight minutes to go Julie Hope snatched the winner for Sunderland with a well-taken goal and although Magpies came close to collecting a point they cannot really argue with the result.