Harleston 5 West Herts 2
Premier AHarleston 5 West Herts 2Harleston remain second in the table after this strong performance against West Herts.The hosts started strongly and created plenty of chances however the West Herts keeper was equal to every effort and kept the scores even.
Harleston 5 West Herts 2
Harleston remain second in the table after this strong performance against West Herts.
The hosts started strongly and created plenty of chances however the West Herts keeper was equal to every effort and kept the scores even. Andy Hipwell eventually broke the deadlock from a short corner with a drag flicked goal.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston continued to push forward and were unlucky not to double their lead before Colin Wheelhouse converted from a very tight angle. The scores stayed the same for the rest of the half with the best of the chances going to the home side.
The second half started with Harleston again on top and they eventually scored their third goal from a short corner which David Ling deflected brilliantly past the keeper. Harleston then lost their way slightly and conceded a dubious short corner which was converted from a straight strike.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Now on the back foot, Harleston were defending well and eventually won another short corner which Tristan Baynes converted to restore the three goal cushion. However, a defensive error saw West Herts score their second with 15 minutes left.
The rest of the game was even but the Magpies did add their fifth on the stroke of time when Tom Sumner converted with a deflection from a short corner.
Next week Harleston travel to Cambridge City looking for another win to keep them in second place.