Harleston 6 Havering 3
Mixed CupHarleston Magpies 6 Havering 3Harleston played the second leg of the mixed cup at home against a strong Havering side. Harleston started well, moving the ball round and making Havering chase the game.
Harleston Magpies 6 Havering 3
Harleston played the second leg of the mixed cup at home against a strong Havering side.
Harleston started well, moving the ball round and making Havering chase the game. For the first ten minutes Harleston couldn't find the breakthrough they were after until Gavin Cole shot past the advancing keeper. Katheryn Hinsley then slotted home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Harleston soon doubled their lead when Angie Wheelhouse slotted home from a tight angle. Havering were being out played all over the park and were beginning to get frustrated at just about everything.
Debbie Mcallen and David Francis had the middle sewn up and forced Havering to play wide. Katheryn Hinsley grabbed her second with another back post tap in to add to Havering's woes.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases
Harleston soon scored again with Gavin Cole slotting home from the middle of the D with a powerful shot under the goalkeeper. Harleston were not finished though and added a fifth in the first half when Phil Cobbald's strike was deflected past the Havering keeper.
Harleston started the second half slowly and struggled to string passes together, this allowed Havering to pile the pressure on the defence and Havering scored with a deflection at the back post. Havering then scored their second with a short corner that was run in to the penalty spot and flicked past Iain Martin.
Lucy Whiting and David Ling were working hard down the right but the ball was limited getting to them. Havering then scored a third from a deflected short corner, which flew into the corner of the net. Iain Martin then made an outstanding save to keep Harleston in the game before some solid defending from Glen Masterson and Louisa Greenacre and a goal line clearance from Leigh Sitch managed to halt the Havering onslaught.
Harleston grabbed their sixth goal from a short corner which Tristan Baynes slung home low past the keeper.