Harleston Magpies 0 Holcome 1
England Hockey League
Men’s Conference East
HARLESTONn magpies travelled to Holcome with high hopes of recreating the form that saw them beat Southgate in their opening game of the season.
Magpies were without midfield rock Richard Gill but captain David Ling stepped into the position confidently. Magpies started the game slowly and after a quick break from Holcome they conceded a sloppy short corner.
Holcome took full advantage of this and took a 1-0 lead despite Tristain Banes getting a stick to the ball. Going a goal down galvanised magpies and they renewed there efforts piling the pressure on the Holcome defence but without result.
You may also want to watch:
At the start of the second half magpies renewed there pressure and James Fanger was unlucky not to score an early equaliser after a smart save from the Holcome keeper. The game hung in the balance with both teams countering well untill man of the match Carl Sitch was cruely sin binned for a stick tackle.
Magpies battled on with Andy Hipwell forcing another save from the Holcome keeper but despite continued pressure Holcome held on for a victory that they will be pleased to achieve.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain