Harleston Magpies Colts 4 Pelicans 2
Womens Norfolk LeagueHarleston Magpies Colts A 4 Pelicans 2Magpies recorded their first win of the season with an impressive display against a young Pelicans side.
Womens Norfolk League
Harleston Magpies Colts A 4 Pelicans 2
Magpies recorded their first win of the season with an impressive display against a young Pelicans side.
Verity Blyth opened the scoring after a good run on the right. The second from Vicky Seeley slotting in a right wing cross.
You may also want to watch:
Pelicans then scored to give Colts a few edgy moments until Shirley McAllen scrambled home a third and Bryony Lund finished the scoring with a well taken penalty corner.
Hopefully Colts will be able to build on this win for the future.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
Girls National Cup Competition
Harleston Magpies U18s 12 City of Peterborough U18s 0
Harleston Magpies made their quality count as they moved the ball round at pace and Peterborough found it difficult to contain Jess Bloom and Artemis Clark up front, whilst Hannah Coulson drove the team on from midfield.
There were a number of other encouraging performances as the team gelled well together in their first appearance in the competition. Magpies were 4-0 up at half time but a strong second half performance saw them score a further eight goals.
Goalscorers: Artemis Clark (5), Jess Bloom (3), Jess Hull (2), Lizzie Clymer and Hannah Coulson.
Squad: Hannah Coulson/ Jess Bloom (Capt)Alice Nutbourne, Ellie Blake, Amelia Thomson, Frances Taylor, Katrina Warnes, Jess Hull, Lizzie Clymer, Artemis Clark, Helen Brook, Amy Tuffs and Chloe Hobson.
Harleston Magpies U15s 4 Dereham U15s 0
Harleston Magpies attacked from the start but in a crowded circle found it difficult to create any openings. Chloe Hunnable opened the scoring just before the interval.
With a change of formation Harleston played more open hockey in the second half and were rewarded with three further goals from Cherry Seaborn, Emily Wilford and Chloe Hunnable. The next round is on Dec 10.
Squad: Caliane Clark (Capt), Choe Hunnable, Cherry Seaborn, Jessie Withers, Siobhan Wooltorton, Lauren Barber, Kristina Brinkley, Amy Brook, Bryony Lund, Laura Tibbenham, Emily Wilford, Vicky Seeley and Bridget Cunliffe.