Harleston Magpies III 2 Peteborough Town III 4
NE14East Men’s Hockey Leagues
PETERBOROUGH Town third team, top of Division 2N, were the visitors to Weybread last Saturday afternoon. Having only dropped two points all season it was always going to be a tough ask for the youthful Magpies third team, but from how the match started you may have thought the positions were reversed.
Several chances came and went for the home team, in a period of play that will rank as their best performance of the season so far. However with no home goals coming, the Peterborough left back carried the ball half the pitch length before seeing his cross/shot deflect in.
Magpies continued to be the dominant force in the game and eventually a goal came when quick passing in the circle allowed Toby Hughes to convert. However a repeat dose of full back adventure produced a second for the visitors and took them to a 2-1 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was probably a truer reflection of where both sides are, as Peterborough took command. A job made easier by the unfortunate loss of Magpies’ influential Phil Cobbald to injury. Two penalty strokes by Peterborough either side of Quentin Baynes’ first of the season concluded the scoring and left Harleston to ponder how to turn performances into results.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree