Harleston Magpies IV 2 Norwich City III 0
Martin and Acock Norfolk Women’s League
A MORNING game saw Magpies host Norwich City thirds. Magpies were upbeat after their win last week and started off strongly, putting a lot of pressure on City’s defence.
Magpies were forced to make an unplanned change after Kay Dennis, Magpies’ centre forward took a ball to the head, but Magpies re-grouped, hoping that Kay’s injury would not stop them from continuing to control the game. Once the game restarted, it wasn’t long before Magpies put City on the back foot, with a well struck shot from the edge of the D which was hammered home by Laura Schultheiss.
This lead was taken into half time, and Magpies again started well, and a second goal came from the first of only two short corners in the entire game, which was converted by Beth Alexander. City had a couple of breaks as Magpies tired, but could not get past Magpies’ defence, and the game ended 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Special mention must go to Beth Alexander, who tirelessly fought every minute of the game, and Bella Hall, at the centre of the impenetrable defence. Next week Magpies travel to Taverham for a game against Reepham, the only team still in the league who finished above them last season.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 9 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 10 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast