Harleston Magpies IV Harriers 0
Martin & Acock Norfolk LeagueDivision 2Harleston Magpies IV 1 Harriers 0MAGPIES started strongly in their first league match of the season, dominating possession in the opening minutes, pressuring the away side's goal.
Martin & Acock Norfolk League
Harleston Magpies IV 1 Harriers 0
MAGPIES started strongly in their first league match of the season, dominating possession in the opening minutes, pressuring the away side's goal.
You may also want to watch:
They were rewarded midway through the half when Laura Gilbert swept the ball in after a good cross from the right wing.
Magpies continued to enjoy the majority of possession with flowing movement throughout the team, but were unable to extend their lead.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
The second half saw much of the same, with Magpies firing shots at the Harriers keeper. Zoe Cole, Katie Webb, Lisa Kent and Kay Dennis combined well on the forward line.
The strength and confidence at the back, and through the middle, allowed Magpies to press forward, with Treacle making some good plays from right back.
The home side were unlucky not to convert again, with the score remaining one nil.
An extremely competent and hard working performance from the new Ladies 4th's squad and credit must be given to all.