Harleston U18 7 Richmond U18 1
National U18 CupHarleston Magpies U18 7 Richmond U18 1Harleston Magpies secured their place in the National Finals of the Under-18 Cup with a comfortable victory over Yorkshire side Richmond.
National U18 Cup
Harleston Magpies U18 7 Richmond U18 1
Harleston Magpies secured their place in the National Finals of the Under-18 Cup with a comfortable victory over Yorkshire side Richmond.
As the snow came down in Weybread, Magpies started well, managing to contain the visitors mainly into their own half of the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
This spell of pressure finally produced a goal when, after a strong run from Carl Sitch, captain Richard Larkin slotted home.
With the defensive unit working well, two more goals were registered before half time.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Fred Merrett scored from a well-struck short corner, while Will Harrison converted a penalty stroke after Chris Barber had seen his shot blocked on the goal line.
Harleston's good work continued into the second half as Barber slotted past the keeper early on.
Richard Larkin added another with a reverse stick finish from Jamie Legg's cross, before Richmond scored grabbed a consolation after a rare defensive mix up.
After conceding Harleston reaffirmed their control and, despite Barber receiving a yellow card, Magpies still scored twice more, both strikes coming from Merritt to complete his hat-trick.
The result means that Harleston will play in National Finals of the competition in Canterbury.