Harleston Vets narrowly lose in final
National Veterans Cup FinalHarleston Magpies Veterans 1 ISCA Veterans 2Magpies narrowly lost in the final of the National Veterans Cup after conceding two early goals at Chelmsford.
National Veterans Cup Final
Harleston Magpies Veterans 1 ISCA Veterans 2
Magpies narrowly lost in the final of the National Veterans Cup after conceding two early goals at Chelmsford.
A slow start saw a fast and skilful ISCA side power into a two goal lead as they converted their first two short corners. Only a string of fine saves by keeper Dave Brown kept the Magpies in the game until half time. Brown has been in outstanding form right through the competition, producing several match winning performances.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies re-organised at half time and with Johnathon Aldridge pushing forward they dominated the second half. The Harleston midfield of Bob Skinner, Ali Williamson, Dave Blackmore and Phil Cobbald worked tirelessly to provide opportunities for Roger Kent, John Wells and Andy Caston up front who were now causing ISCA many problems. A string of short- corners were won and when Cobbald thundered one of these in with 15 minutes to go, Magpies were confident they could go on and level the game. However, good defending and a great last minute save by the ISCA keeper from another Cobbald short corner meant the trophy went west to Exeter, rather then back to Norfolk.
This has been a great team effort from Magpies, who were grateful to the many supporters who travelled to Chelmsford.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash